Bimbles around Britain

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Pining for the Fjord

Well...t'internet actually.

Following a "keep off the internet" email because people have been fired last week we've all been pining today for lack of surfing. Mart resorted to drawing a picture of an "error 404 page not found" on the whiteboard to keep our spirits up. There's only so much Spider sol you can take but my average is up from 15% to 16% today. Been reading "Poker for Dummies" but the concentration isn't up to it.

Those 500,000 fraction of a penny shares are up today (I'm looking at them on our home computer)
















Maybe they've all decided it's best if they come back from the pub today? I rang the delivery people yesterday because I've been waiting for 6 more vertical blinds to be delivered. They had left a note saying "we missed you" so I arranged for them to call again today and leave them in the garage (the door was open).

No blinds. And they had taken the card they left the previous day so I didn't have the contact number anymore.

Frantic searching of the garage revealed nothing - you ever have that "I'm sure I must be looking at them and not seeing them" moments? Definately not there - grand - the buggers have nicked them. Moment of clarity (few and far between) go to the side gate and there they were - thrown over the gate. Thanks guys.
















Also, having gone ebay mad I bid £4.99 (Opening bid) on a Palm Tungsten cradle and charger - and won (coz nobody else bid) - we needed it because our old house in Winchester had 10,000 volts up its jacksie when the overhead high voltage power line fell onto our domestic power line.

Thankyou trustedgoods.com - I'll leave positive feedback tonight.

These were the trees that dun it guv:
















It fried just about everything electrical that was plugged in after it leapt across the circuit breakers.

We moved after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home