Bimbles around Britain

Monday, March 13, 2006

My weekend

7.30am (don't say it in a Big Brother geordie accent)

Off "up the road" to Blackburn

















10am - sausage egg and bacon butty time. This roadside caff is on the Whitebirk industrial estate next to PC World, Curries and a shed load more fun places to visit in your spare time. The two people "cooking" were wearing 3 jumpers and a coat each to keep warm. Don't get the chillie burger - it's too hot. The sign says "Blackburn's Fast Food Centre Open. Next right". Do that and you end up on the grass verge after driving over the chap waiting for his butty. They call them cobs in Alfreton.

Don't know who the person is in the picture (it's not me)
















This is our house in Blackburn, it's been occupied by Carl and Maria for a couple of years whilst they were saving up to get married and my weekend project for the next few months is "doing it up" hopefully to sell in early June.

I put up the vertical blinds in the kitchen patio doors on Sunday afternoon. Easier than I expected - if you want vertical blinds then this company has a good deal on now - £15 per blind for any size. I'll show you how to fit them next week when I do the living room ones.

That conifer is coming down very soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home